Hello there. Thanks for checking out my website and learning a little more about me and my photography!
I've been a storyteller since I was a little girl, so it was no surprise I chose a degree in broadcast journalism. It turned into an exciting and fulfilling career in local news that led me from Montana to Arizona to California. I spent seven years in front of a camera, but every good story must come to an end.
When I had my daughter my perspective on life changed. My days were filled with new excitement, laughter and simple, pure joys. Instead of chasing big news, I was chasing a toddler and loving it! She quickly became the story of my life and I became obsessed with photographing her.
Instead of going back to work, I took a leap of faith and chose to stay home. I wasn't ready to give up on storytelling though and turned to photography to fuel my creativity. With every couple, baby and family there was a wonderful and beautiful story to share through digital images.
Fast forward to now and I'm chasing two kids, trying to go on as many adventures as possible and enjoying every minute behind my cameras! Time with my family is very important, so I mainly focus on family, maternity and lifestyle newborn sessions. I'm a sucker for a good wedding though and usually photograph a handful of those each year.
My journalism roots shaped my approach to photography & post-processing. I capture the raw emotion, moments, love and details of life in a natural and realistic yet creative & artistic way.
I can't wait to hear from you!
(The above photo credit goes to Ashley Marcum Photography and below to my husband, Rob Carlmark.)
1. I'm from Montana and proud of it! I grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere called Glasgow with a population of about 3,500.
2. I know how to fly an airplane and took my first solo flight on my 15th birthday. My instructor and I also crash landed the plane into a field during a lesson. We were ok!
3. I worked in local news for seven years and covered it all from reporting to anchoring to weather and even sports. I also shot and edited my own video!
4. As a reporter I interviewed Barack Obama on the phone during his first Presidential campaign. It was what one might expect. I was super nervous and he was on point, but I also remember how exhausted he sounded.
5. My typical Starbucks order is a tall, double shot breve latte, a warm chocolate croissant and cake pops and milk for the kiddos.
6. When I was 15 weeks pregnant with my daughter, I got appendicitis and underwent surgery. It was super scary, but we learned our daughter is very strong early in her life.
7. My favorite movie is The Notebook, my favorite actress is Julia Roberts and my celebrity crush is Brad Pitt. (no matter how old he gets!)
8. My favorite TV shows are Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, Survivor, New Girl, Parks & Rec. and Cougar Town. (I'm so sad some of them are no longer playing!)
9. My food and drink weaknesses are Alaskan king crab with butter, lobster mac and cheese, salmon sushi, smoked oysters, brownies, cookie dough, chocolate lava cake, a cold glass of milk, coffee with whipping cream (YES, whipping cream!) and champagne.
10. Sometimes my favorite midnight snack is butter on saltine crackers. (My husband thinks it's so weird!)